Saturday, January 26, 2008

Jersey Boys



Will and I went to see the Broadway Across America production of Jersey Boys on Friday night at the Hobby Center. It was AWESOME!!! It tells the story of how the Four Seasons got their start and rose to fame. I laughed b/c there was a warning outside the theater saying that there would be 'loud gunfire and authentic Jersey language which some may find offensive.' I think everyone in the audience had a ball just hearing all those hit songs (Sherry, Oh What a Night, Big Girls Don't Cry, Walk Like a Man to name just a few). It didn't necessarily take me back to a certain time or place like, say, a Guns and Roses song does (which, by the way, McIver loves now!), but that is definitely my kind of music. I still haven't found a radio station in Houston that plays that sort of 'oldies.' Anyway, if you ever get the chance to see Jersey Boys, do it! You won't regret it.

No comments: