Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Singing in Chapel


One of the things we love about Heathwood is that the children go to chapel each week. Now that I'm a teacher in the ECLC (which covers ages 3-6), I get to go to chapel with my students the same time that McIver's class goes. Each division hears the same piece of scripture and a similar age-appropriate sermon each week so we can even talk about it at home. (Last week, the chaplain showed us how much God loves us by pouring water into a glass and letting it overflow. It was a good visual for the children to see just how much He loves us. Truth be told, it was a good reminder for me, too!)

Anyway, today was special because I served as the reader and McIver's class sang for the ECLC division. McIver was able to sit with me and we had a good visit in the middle of a dreary, rainy day.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Aw, so sweet. Stumbled on your blog and enjoyed reading. {grin}