Saturday, November 24, 2007

McIver will be a lawyer one day!

Exhibit A:
We came home from Target today to discover the left-over apple pie totally DESTROYED on the kitchen counter. It had only been loosely covered with saran wrap so I assumed that Murphy had managed to get to it while we were away. As I stood in the middle of the kitchen shaking my finger at Murphy and telling him he's 'not supposed to eat people food-it will make your throw up-how did you even get to it,' Olivia interrupted to tell me that McIver had climbed up on the counter earlier that morning because he wanted some pie.

So, I turned to McIver and started shaking my finger at him reminding him that he's 'not supposed to get food without asking mommy or daddy first-applie pie is not a healthy thing to eat for breakfast, etc.'

McIver said: I wanted to ask, but you were in the shower and I didn't want to bother you.

Exhibit B:
We went to a friend's house tonight for a 'left-over dinner.' I was a little nervous to go without Will (he's on call) but she assured me there would be plenty of big kids (her daughter is 14) who would help watch out for and entertain Olivia and McIver.

About half-way through the grown-ups' dinner, McIver came downstairs asking whose house we were in. I pointed out Margaret to him and he walked over to talk with her. She pulled him up into her lap and asked what was going on. He told her that the big kids had put him into time-out. She asked why and he said he had thrown something down the steps. Margaret, trying to reason with him, very gently asked what would happen if he threw something down the steps at home.

McIver said: Well, we don't even have steps at home.

No comments: