Thursday, February 28, 2008

Belated pictures: Park City trip

Better late than never! Here are a few pictures from our trip to Park City in February. We had a great time - we heard from the locals that we had the best snow that they'd seen in 8 or 10 years. That was a good thing considering the fact that I had not skiied in about 12 years. There was plenty of soft snow to break my fall(s). Once I tried out a few green slopes (with a very bored Will!), we separated so I could try some blue slopes while he braved the double black diamond thrillers. I fell a few times, but didn't do any major damage. It was a great time - and now we're looking forward to a Spring Break trip to Vail next year with the kids. We'll meet Dawn, David and Andrew at Dawn's parents' house.

Here we are before taking off on the chair lift for the first run of the day. I was still really nervous at this point - not even sure if I'd be able to manage the short trek to the chair lift!

This was a little later in the day - you can tell that I had a tad more confidence by this point.
A view from the top of the mountain.

Thanks to Celestine for sending the pictures to me!

No comments: