Monday, February 28, 2011

Caroliniana Ball

Will and I joined his parents, and hundreds of other South Carolinians, at the Grove Park Inn for the Caroliniana Ball last weekend.  It was a fun get-away and an excuse to get all dressed up, as in white tie and ball gown complete with gloves.  We found sitters for the children and headed out of town Friday afternoon.

We had dinner with three other couples from Columbia on Friday night.  Funny how we had to get out of town in order to be able to sit down and actually visit with people whose children go to our same school.  Dinner was at one of the restaurants in the Grove Park Inn.  Afterwards, we headed to the hospitality suite to visit with lots of other folks.

Will and I went to breakfast on Saturday morning at the Early Girl Eatery.  I had the Early Girl Benny (grit cakes topped with tomato, spinach, poached eggs, tomato gravy and avocado, served with toast) and let me tell you, it was delicious!!  YUM!!  Then, believe it or not, we went back to the hotel for a nap.  There's nothing like a nap before noon!  Will played golf and I went to a tennis clinic.  Thought I signed up for a simple stroke clinic, but it turned out to be an advanced singles clinic - I am neither a singles player nor 'advanced' and was WAY out of my league.  But, I managed to keep up with everyone and not embarrass myself too badly and had a great work-out.

After another trip to the hospitality suite, it was time to get dressed and head to the ball. 


With Will's parents and a new friend.  Can't remember how they know this guy, but he got on stage and sang Blueberry Hill later in the night.  Apparently, he does that every year and he did not disappoint!

With the Gravelys (Will's godparents) and Ginny and Jimmy

On the dance floor


No comments: