Saturday, March 17, 2012

Grandparents' Day

GranGran and GranDaddy made the trek to Columbia for Granparents' Day at school on Friday.  I was subbing in the Lower School library last week so I was able to crash the party.  A few years ago there were so many grands that the school asked parents (kindly) to stay home (unless, of course, a grand needs help getting around, etc.).

I spotted the bag piper on my way to the gym for the festivities.  We had the dedication of our new Dining Commons just prior to the Grandparents Day program and he lead the procession from the Dining Commons to the new gym.  I'm always reminded of Sewanee when I hear bagpipes!

Because of the Dining Commons dedication, the theme for most of the songs for Grandparents' Day were food-related.  Olivia's grade sang "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast.  (If Olivia had looked my way, she would have seen me miming for her to stand up straight!)
Can you see McIver's blond mop top on the next-to-top row?  His grade sang "I'll Never Grow Up" from the 2nd grade play, Peter Pan.  They didn't really have time to learn a new song for Grandparents' Day since they had spent the last two months working on the play.  He cracked me up during the 5th-6ht grade jazz band performance.  He was snapping his fingers and grooving to the beat in his seat.  

We met the grands for lunch at Thirsty Fellow (my new FAVE!) after the Grandparents' Day fun.

My loves!

McIver's turn behind the camera.

Open your eyes, GranDaddy!



No comments: