Friday, July 31, 2009

Dinner with the Grands

Ginny and Jimmy were passing through Columbia Wednesday night on their way to the mountains.  We invited them, along with Mamoo, to join us for dinner.  Olivia went with me to Bed, Bath and Beyond on Wednesday morning to pick out a new tablecloth now that the leaves are permanent in our dining room table.  We also found matching napkins.  When we got home, Olivia helped me set the table - napkins, china, silver and crystal.  Then, she asked if she could make placecards for everyone.  I'm not really sure where she got the idea, but each one was personalized so it was terribly cute.

We had shrimp pilau, tomato/mozzarella salad, a green salad and bread.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and were particularly impressed with Olivia's placecards.  I'm sad to say that I didn't take any pictures.

No comments: