Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

Happy Belated Mothers' Day to all of our mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers!
I hope you had as wonderful a day as I did.  

We started out going to church and then had lunch at Za's pizza.  The children showered me with gifts when we got home.  Olivia had made tons of Mothers Day cards, a bookmark and painted a picture for me.  She wrapped them up in the sparkliest thing she could find in her room... a dress-up shawl.  McIver was so excited about the tile that he made at school that he made me open it on Friday.  Then he re-wrapped it so that I could open it again on Sunday.

I spent most of the afternoon on the deck reading.  (I've read a really lot lately so I can't remember if I was reading The Help, by Kathryn Stockett, or Sarah's Key - both were FANtastic!)  Olivia and McIver entertained themselves and beat the heat with the hose in the backyard.


Even though the temp reached almost 90 that day, the water from the hose was still freezing cold.


They piled all of the umbrellas together and covered them with rain ponchos to see if their 'tent' could keep out the water.


Will prepared a delicious meal for me - we roasted asparagus and had sea bass and scallops with Will's famous mango salsa.

Will also surprised me with a new pocketbook for Mothers Day.  He had it shipped to his office, but was not in the office when it arrived so I had to wait until Tuesday to open it.  I love it (and am so glad the he took the hint so well)!


No comments: