Thursday, February 5, 2009

Eat Your Carrots

I just told McIver he had to eat his carrots from dinner before he could have an ice cream treat. He's been really good lately about eating, or at least trying - without crying!, everything on his plate. He hung his head, sat down at his plate and mumbled to himself, "I wish I had my rabbit."

He has been saving up his money for a pet rabbit for months now - I tried to get the PetSmart guy in my corner, but he told McIver that rabbits are "only $20." McIver got a $20 from Grandma Janet for Christmas so he thinks he's all set. I have to keep reminding him that rabbits are a lot of work, that he has to buy a hutch and food and pay for vet visits as well. He's still saving. I just don't have the heart to tell him that a rabbit is not in the cards for the Merritts.

No comments: