Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Olivia's reading

I caught Olivia reading all by herself last night of her own volition! She was reading Arthur's Birthday Surprise and doing a great job. I have always loved reading to both Olivia and McIver and like to think that I'm good at it. I try to give each character his own voice and really get into the stories. Olivia was doing the same thing last night - she used lots of inflection and even re-read certain sentences when she realized that she had used the wrong voice or wrong inflection.

Just saw a book on Amazon called I'm Not Moving, Mama, along with a host of other move-related books. Maybe I should stock up for Valentine's and Easter gifts since it appears that we might have more issues with our move from Houston back to SC than we did with our move to Houston four years ago.

No comments: