Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Not much going on here lately.  We've been busy playing with our new toys, taking down and putting away all of the Christmas decorations and just taking it easy.   The kids and I made a Target trip to stock up on long underwear for our ski trip next week.  Our neighbor and I took our 4 children, plus 5 of her nieces and nephews to see the Alvin & the Chipmunks movie, The Squeakquel.  I have to admit that it was pretty cute.  Will, on the other hand, has not been taking it easy.  He's been on call and had a pretty busy week.

McIver got this way cool headlamp from his cousin Amelia.


Our living room doesn't have any light other than what comes through the windows and it was still pretty dark yesterday morning when he decided to get to work on his Legos.  (Darkness was due to clouds, not McIver waking up early - he slept until almost 9am.)  So, the head lamp was perfect for lighting his work area.


We spent the early part of New Years Eve with three other families for dinner.  The other three moms went to Heathwood together.   I knew one from Sewanee and the hostess was in my Bunco group when we lived in Columbia before.  The third couple has a daughter in 2nd grade and had invited Olivia to spend the night with them.  Two of their little girls are in my class so they thought it was just hilarious to see me outside of school.  One of them took me to her bedroom to show me all of her favorite playthings.  The other one greeted me at the door with a huge hug.  I felt like a Rock Star!   At the end of the evening, Olivia went with home with her friend and the rest of the Merritts were home and asleep by 10:30.  I guess we'll make a big deal about New Years again sometime, but this was not the year.  It felt good to have gotten a good night's sleep on New Years Day.

No comments: