Friday, September 2, 2011

Carpool Conversation

On the way home from school yesterday:

Me:  Charles (5 years old), your mom asked me to tell you that you're going to have a playdate with Robert after school today.  He's going to meet you at your house when we get there.

Charles: Yea!!!!!

All the other kids:  Blah, blah, homework, yada, yada, homework, silly songs and bad (not funny) jokes.

Me:  Charles, we're almost there.  Do you think we beat Robert or that he'll already be there?

Charles:  I hope we beat him.  I have to change my shirt so he doesn't know I go to Heathwood.

Me:  What?  Why?  It's okay to be friends with children from all different schools.

McIver:  Yeah, I mean... the Mashburns (our neighbors) go to Hammond and we're in love with them!

I'm not sure 'in love' is the right way to phrase it, but we do feel blessed to have them living next door!

2 comments:

CTBaker in The Acres said...

That is hilarious!!!! I love it when they try to find the right words!! Cute!

CTBaker in The Acres said...

That is hilarious! I love it when they try to find the right words. Cute!