Sunday, November 8, 2009

Deep Thoughts by Olivia

So last night after dinner...
Olivia: Mom, which super power would you choose if you could choose any one you want.

Before I could even think about it long enough to come up with a good answer, she blurted out her answer (like she's been thinking about it for a while).

Olivia: I would like a fast-forward and rewind button.
Me: That sounds nice, but I think a pause button would be pretty cool.
Olivia (looking at me like I have 2 heads): Why?
Me: Well, remember the other night when we were all sitting on your sofa reading together and we were all happy and relaxed, giggling and telling stories and not worried about anything at all? Wouldn't you like to be able to just pause that moment and enjoy it even longer.
Olivia: Sure. What's for dessert?

1 comment:

Catherine-Alexa said...

I love it! I feel the same way exactly about wanting a pause button for those special moment!