Sunday, December 13, 2009

Busy Sunday

We had a crazy-busy Sunday.  Olivia had a friend spend the night last night.  Will was on call so it was up to me to get everyone up, fed and dressed for church this morning.  We made it, on time, and left straight from there to go to the Brunch with Santa at the club.  I was not on my game this morning and forgot to pack my camera for the day.  I did manage to get one picture of Olivia with Santa on my phone.  McIver is having a hard time deciding what he wants for Christmas so he wasn't all that interested in talking to Santa.  He finally thanked him for the ski clothes that he sent with Houston the Elf a few nights ago.

After brunch, Olivia went to see Twas the Night Before Christmas, S. Claws with some friends from school.  A little boy in her class 'won' an afternoon with Mrs. Bryan, the Lower School Music teacher.  He was able to invite 5 friends to join them for the play and then an early dinner at Moe's afterward.

McIver went to a drop-off cookie decorating party.  I felt bad for the hosts whose house was full of 6 year old boys and 9 year old girls.  Several other folks were staying for the duration so I didn't feel compelled to stay and help out.  It would have been nice if the weather had been more cooperative, but McIver came home in all different clothes because his clothes got so wet on the trampoline.  It seems that a good time was had by all.

Once everyone got home from their various activities, Will rolled out the cookie dough for our annual cookie making event.  Harry and Kate came over from next door to join the fun for a little while.

Olivia helping to roll the dough.



We didn't make quite as many as last year since we weren't having a party.  We'll probably start that up again next year.


The boys went to town on their cookies.


Olivia and Kate spent a little more time on their cookies.


These gingerbread men got a little wide in the oven.  We laughed that they might need to sign up for next season's Biggest Loser, our new favorite show to watch together.


We finally got everyone settled down from their respective sugar highs and piled on Olivia's sofa to read.  (I pack up all of our Christmas books with the decorations so the books seem new all over again each year.)  I chose The Christmas Day Kitten which is one of my absolute favorites.  I got a little teary-eyed, though, because the story is so sweet and reminded me of Murphy.


1 comment:

Musings of a Housewife said...

YUMMO. We really need to start making our cookies this year!