Monday, June 27, 2011

Trip Down Memory Lane & New Neighbor

I started babysitting for the Ruffin boys way back when I was about 13 years old.  Actually, when I met them, they had just one little boy, Chase.  It wasn't long before they had two more sons, William and Ben.  I remember taking William to the hospital 18 years ago to meet his little brother, Ben.  Ben's 18th birthday was Saturday and that made me feel OLD!  Patti and the boys were in Columbia for her nephew's wedding and we were able to have a quick visit.  Chase and William handed out the Order of Service at our wedding.  They were old enough to wear tuxedos - and even had toy guns because they felt like James Bond.  (This was most definitely pre-9/11!)  Little Ben was the ring bearer and was m-a-d that he was forced to wear 'pretty clothes' - he was 5 years old.  He said he still remembers being embarrassed by his outfit that day!

After my visit with the Ruffins, I packed up to meet Will and the kids at the lake.  Saw this cute little bunny as I was backing out of the driveway.  He was a being a good little neighbor because he wasn't snacking on our vincas and black-eyed susans!  




No comments: