Sunday, June 22, 2008

Prayer Request

Please pray for Mamoo! She has had 2 strokes in the last two weeks. She went to a rehab hospital near Myrtle Beach for 11 days and recovered very nicely from the first stroke. She went back to Ginny & Jimmy's house to spend a few more days before heading back to Columbia and had a 2nd stroke on Saturday. After a few hours in the hospital, she seems to have recovered back to the point of when she left the rehab hospital. Plans are still up in the air about her next move.

This is one of the hard parts about being so far from family. I know that everyone in Myrtle Beach is taking the best care of Mamoo and that there's not one single thing that I could do to help matters. I just would like to be able to see Mamoo for myself - she sounded so good on Friday night when I spoke with her, but then Ginny called Saturday morning to tell us about the 2nd stroke. I just miss being able to see all of our grands (both of my grandmothers - Grandma Janet and Grandma Myrtle and Mamoo) more frequently.

I told Olivia and McIver that we need to be praying for Mamoo's recovery. Olivia has a great plan: Well, since we're moving back to Columbia, maybe Mamoo should just stay with GranGran and GranDaddy until we get to Columbia. Then we can visit her every day and take her to the grocery store and keep her company.

No comments: