Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Day with Abby

Phew! It felt like the day would never come - it seems like we haven't seen Abby in ages, but it really has been about 6 weeks since the girls last saw each other. Abby's summer camps have ended and school hasn't started yet so she spent today with us. The girls were so excited to be able to spend today together. McIver was sad that Sam was at his school, but, truth be told, I'm not sure that I could have handled all 4 of them! Gay and I had lunch together last week, so we got our 'fix' before the girls did.

Olivia & Abby hugging each other in the parking lot at church when we picked Abby up.
I had planned on taking the kids to the Contemporary Arts Museum of Houston. It's free, we have never been there and it would have been a fun train ride from the church. But I decided against it for several reasons - it was raining this am and I didn't want to have to explain any crazy/explicit art that I didn't even understand. So, we headed to the guaranteed-benign Children's Museum of Houston.
I told McIver to put his shoes on. I guess he just grabbed the first 2 that he found. Check out the rainboot (which made much more sense for today) and the croc.

Mac 'on the phone with Grandma Janet.' He loves the operator switch board.

The girls went straight for the face-painting table. What kid doesn't love seeing herself on TV!? Here are Abby & Olivia in the fake news station reporting on the weather.

McIver donned the mail carrier jacket and astronaut helmet to give a birds-eye report from outer space complete with a countdown to lift-off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nikki! I discovered your blog(and Gay's)quite by accident poking around Facebook...good to know I'm not the only one that blogs! Check out the Phillips family blog at www.stillstanding68.blogspot.com

Monica Phillips