Friday, August 22, 2008

Meet the Teacher

Finally! We made our way to Kolter for the Meet the Teacher Ice Cream Social earlier this afternoon. It was a bit of a zoo (read: the whole thing made me absolutely crazy!), but we managed to find Olivia's name on the class list (with some help from Adrienne's mom) and then head to the courtyard to find Olivia's teacher - Mrs. Hartman. We don't know much about Mrs. Hartman, but Olivia was glad to find some familar names on the class list. Adrienne (the one we had lunch with yesterday) is in her class, along with a few kids from Mrs. Hoyos' class and some other kids that she played with on the playground last year.

I had been getting more and more anxious as the time got closer for this meet the teacher event. Like I told Pop in an email (venting!) earlier today, I just want Olivia to have a teacher who is excited to be there every day. Someone who has the energy to keep up with a class full of 6 & 7 year olds. Like I said, we don't know much about Mrs. Hartman, but she's young and seemed friendly enough when I spoke with her this afternoon. Now that we know who she is, I think I'm ready to just settle in and see what's in store for this year.

We found some friends in the hallway who were eager to pose for a picture.
(L-R: Adrienne, Olivia, Tomer, Shannon, Reagan is in the front)

Just the girls.
(For the record, in case you noticed, those are stickers on Olivia's ears - NOT earrings!)

1 comment:

Monica said...

I'm curious...who was Olivia's kinder teacher at Kolter?