Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Volcano-making

McIver was already awake when I went in to wake him up yesterday morning. And, Olivia had already tapped me on the shoulder as I tried to run through my emails before heading into her room. So, I had two bright-eyed and bushy-tailed kids on my hands. What a blessing! (And so very different from the mornings that I have to drag them out of bed - maybe going to bed at 7:30 every night is the trick, after all!)



Anyway, after a quick breakfast and morning routine, the kids were ready to walk out the door with time to spare. So, what would YOU do with an extra 15 minutes?



McIver decided to make a volcano! First he got a bowl and some grass which he cut up with scissors.




Then, he wadded up sticky notes to turn them into rocks and added them to a bowl. He must be expecting a serious explosion since he decided to wear his goggles.




















Olivia got in on the action ,too.
But, we did still have to get Olivia to school. So we all promised that we'd work on it together when we got home. McIver and I went to the gym and then to an evangelism meeting at church (that just ended up being lunch with friends with a side of 'business'). Anyway, by the time we got home, both kids had pretty much lost interest in the volcano. And I certainly wasn't about to bring it up! Instead, we played a few games of Uno Attack and the kids enjoyed somewhat cooler weather outside while I got dinner ready.

No comments: