Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vail 2011 - Day 2

Ski School for all on Sunday.  

My ski instructor was great.  We started out on mostly blue slopes which let me get my ski legs back.  Early in the afternoon, though, we hit the blue Berries slope which had a tiny portion of a black at the end.  I conquered it and insisted on a photo opp for proof.

Will, Dawn and David were waiting at Garfinkels at the end of the day.  There's nothing like a cold glass of Blue Moon with an orange slice after a long day of skiing.

With Dawn on the deck at Garfinkels.


McIver was pooped after his first day of ski school.

Waiting for the bus at the transportation center.

Dawn and David's friends, Jen and Matt Carabetta, and their children, Izzy and Baby Charlie, came to Vail for the night on Sunday.  I had met Jen and Matt at Dawn and David's wedding but didn't get to hang out with them too much because Olivia was just a baby and I was pretty preoccupied with her.  

The kids had fun in the hot tub and slurping their ramen noodles.

Mac lost a tooth ... and the Tooth Fairy found us with no problem.

Peggy Pa and Big Pa's new kitchen is awesome!  We always start planning our ski trip menu well in advance.  Will spent many hours in front of the stove cooking bacon for everyone.


2 comments:

Clint said...

Looks like a great vacation. I found you while blog surfing and I like to see what other folks do with their family blogs :-)

Gay Stricklin said...

Nothing better than Will Merritt's bacon for breakfast. Except for his Shrimp and Grits for dinner.