Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Day of School

Our little guy started school today!! He must have been a little bit nervous, though. He woke up at 3:45 this morning and came into our room. I took him back to his bed, but he came back in 2 more times, telling me that he had a bad dream about something 'getting him.' The last time, I just couldn't get out of bed again and told him that his big black dog was in there to protect him and scare away anything bad. This is how I found McIver this morning - with the big black dog protecting him!



After dropping Olivia at school, McIver and I made a quick trip to the gym. On the way there, we had the following conversation.

Me: I can't believe Olivia is in 1st grade.

McIver: I can't believe she got out of the car and didn't give you a kiss.

Me: Well, will you always, always give me a kiss?

McIver: I'll kiss you in the car, but not in my classroom.

Me: WHAT!? Why not?

McIver: It will be so embarrassing.

Me: Who will be embarrassed? What does that even mean?

McIver: My classmates will be so embarrassed. That means confused.


After a quick picture with Mrs. Edge, our new director-to-be, McIver was the first kid in his class. Once he realized he was the first one, he ran over to me and whispered in my ear:


Did you know that I had a vision that I would be the first one to my class today!? And, it came true!

4 comments:

Monica said...

How cute is that? What a guy!

Kim said...

Hi Nikki,

Thanks so much for the delicious recipe!!!! Your kiddos are so cute!!! Have a great weekend....

Kelli Merritt said...

I am quite certain that McIver was the best table cleaner and napkin person ever. I love it!! Hope school is going well for all the TX Merritts. We miss you in SC.

Kelli Merritt said...

I am certain that McIver was the best table cleaner and napkin person ever. I hope school is going well for all of the TX Merritts. We miss you bunches in SC.