Monday, December 29, 2008

Daddy & Becky

I had a dream about my dad last night. I don't know where I was except that I was walking up to a softball or baseball game. Daddy, Becky and Wynn were sitting on a picnic blanket spread out on the ground. They were waiting on me and knew that I would be surprised to see them there. They were all so happy. I couldn't believe my eyes and fell into Daddy's arms giving him a great big hug as tears streamed down my face. Then I woke up. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get back to sleep.

But, I woke up happy. It was a great chance to get out the last picture I have with Daddy (celebrating Christmas at Grandma Myrtle's house just a few days before he died) and show it to Olivia and McIver. They know that I have two dads, but I'm sure it's hard for them to understand. As soon as I reminded McIver that Daddy had died, he got really quiet and just told me that he was 'so sorry.' I reminded him that Daddy is in Heaven and watching over us so that we don't need to be sad about it. What I am sad about is that Daddy never had the chance to meet Olivia and McIver.

Daddy died 11 years ago yesterday.

No comments: