Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lake Murray

We didn't have plans early this week so we decided to pack up and head to the lake.  McIver's godfather Jeddie gave him a fishing rod for his birthday last fall and we were finally able to break it out and put it to work.  McIver had a blast fishing with his dad - and I was happy to sit back, take pictures and check the camp website for new pictures of Olivia.  (Warning - this post is heavy on the pictures.)

There had been a rainstorm (complete with hail) right when we got to the lake.  The water was eerily calm by the time Will and McIver got down to the dock.

His first catch with the new rod.  It turned out that the fish let go before McIver reeled it all the way in, but that did not dampen McIver's delight.

Will caught a pretty big one and showed McIver how to take it off the hook.

After dinner, we went out for a little sunset cruise.  We only saw two other boats on the lake so we pretty much had the whole thing to ourselves.  Tex is a big fan of the pontoon boat.

This is what I get when I ask him to look AT the camera.  Gotta love that sweet face and those big eyes!  (You can't really tell from the picture, but he's a snaggle-tooth again.  He lost his other front tooth last time we were at the lake.)

I love my boy!

A boy and his dog - heading toward Bomb Island, McIver's favorite place on the lake.

Will let McIver take the wheel - he got us all the way back to our cove, then let Will take over the docking of the boat.

2 comments:

Kelli Merritt said...

I love the pic of McIver and Tex..so cute!! Can't wait to see you guys.

Sadie said...

Dear McIver,

I love the photo of you with Tex, too. I would love to go out on a boat but I am a little afraid of water. According to the Dogs 101 show, basset hounds have such dense bones they sink like a stone in water. But I can ride in the Fiat instead.

Your friend,
Sadie