Thursday, June 17, 2010

Update on Olivia at Camp - Part 2

So, I just got off the phone with Olivia's counselor.  Things have, in fact, improved since Day 1.  Apparently, Olivia was more than a little disappointed not to be in ALL the same activities with Kit.   We had discussed the fact that might happen, but I guess Olivia didn't really believe me.  Anyway, Olivia has made some other friends and is enjoying her activities.  They have been to Dolly's, a local ice cream shop.  Olivia tried Golden Grahams - and liked them (wonder if that's all she's eating?).  Apparently, they had a big storm roll through during yesterday's Rest Period so the counselors started acting really silly and Olivia couldn't quit laughing.  They also have a special 'meet your pen pal' event planned for tomorrow so that will be good, too.

As soon as I got off the phone with Nicole - I checked the website, pretty sure they'd have pictures from the trip to Dolly's.  Sure enough...

Considering the smiles on everyone else's face, I figured Olivia would be smiling, too.  (She's the one in the purple raincoat looking like she's dancing.)

And, I was right - there's the smile!

Phew!!

No comments: