Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lake Weekend

We just spent a weekend at the lake and had the best time.   Will was in Greenville for a conference until late Saturday afternoon, but the kids and I decided to head on up Friday after lunch.  As soon as we unpacked and got settled, we hit the dock.

Tex goes STRAIGHT for the water when we open the car doors now.



It is IMpossible to wear this dog out.  He is crazy about the water!  He will jump in to chase the dummy, or just to swim around, or to escape my grasp when I'm trying to get him inside.  The only problem is that he likes to swim with the children.  Maybe he's worried about them, I don't know, but I don't like him being near them in the water.  They've both gotten a few scratches from him being too close.  So, we have to literally drag him up to the house to lock him inside so they can swim uninterrupted every once in a while.


Olivia found every blanket in the house, and a few that she had brought from home, and built a very cool fort downstairs.  She showed me all the rooms - sleeping quarters, a changing room and a place to read.



Noodle fun on the dock.



1 comment:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thank you for stopping by & sharing your recovered chair! Very pretty & I'm sure your guests will enjoy it.