Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthday Dinner at Lupes

True to form, we celebrated my birthday last night with the Stricklins at Lupe Tortilla. There's just nothing like spreading out the birthday fun for days and days. And, since the kids and I are leaving on Wednesday to be gone for three weeks, we needed to get our Stricklin 'fix.'

For starters, Gay gave me an adorable little picture album. So, the photo shoot began.
These girls are not shy around a camera.
Don & Will had a great time making plans for our Galveston beach trip later this summer.
Sam and McIver ate like we had been starving them for 2 days.
And, THIS is why we love Lupes - after the kids eat, they are perfectly happy to play in the sandbox while the grown-ups eat and visit.
Olivia and Abby were very busy making me a beautiful birthday cake of sand, crayons and popsicle sticks.
And, the obligatory birthday sombrero! I did not know they had told our waiter that we were celebrating anything. So, when the bill came, I excused myself to go to the ladies room. Abby and Olivia accosted me as I was on my way back and led me (with eyes closed) back to our table. I was surrounded by waiters placing a sombrero on my head, singing Happy Birthday, and giving me a slice of flan.
It was a very Happy Birthday with very special friends. And, when we got home, we went for a bike ride around the block. I'm loving my new bike!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time! Glad you had a creative title for this "Lupe with the Stricklins". We are happy you were born... and that we got to celebrate 35 with you. We love you!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday--(a bit late)!!!!