Friday, July 25, 2008

Macon Visit

Our time in Macon has been great fun. We pack up tomorrow to spend a night in Greenville and then head to Myrtle Beach to spend the next week with Will's family. Here are a few pictures from the last few days in Macon.

The kids with Grandma Janet - again, what is it with 6 (and a 1/2!) year olds and bunny ears. She has no shame!
Thanks to the wonders of Facebook, I reconnected with 2 friends from high school. We had lunch together yesterday (at a Mexican restaurant, which I find funny considering I came here from Houston!) and spent a few hours catching up. Mostly, they told me how much fun I missed at our 10 year reunion (Olivia was like 3 weeks old or something and I just didn't have it in me to go) and caught me up on folks that I've lost touch with. Although, Facebook is really pretty cool - I have actually 'talked' with a bunch of folks in the last few days and it has been so fun to be back in touch with people, especially since I'm in Macon where it all happened!
McIver called me to the playground earlier today to show me his collection. He found a ton of screws, washers and other left-overs from the new playground construction. He's such a boy! Here he is explaining it all to me.
McIver and Lady
McIver & Olivia love the new playground. The old one was crushed when a tree fell on it during the tornado on Mothers Day. Rather than just let the kids play in the rocks that were left, Pop had the guy come build a new playground the week before we got here. The kids have loved it.
I spent most of the day at the hospital with Grandma Myrtle who had a heart cath (and ended up having 2 stints put in). She was resting relatively comfortably when I left early this evening. Please keep her in your prayers as she recovers over the next 5 weeks in anticipation of a spleen-ectomy over Labor Day weekend. Really, how else would you like to spend a long weekend!?
And, finally, Happy 10th Anniversary to Will! I love you more than you know and will give you a gift of tin/aluminum in honor of our 10 years together (b/c Hallmark says I should!) when we get home in August.

No comments: