Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lazy days on the beach

We have had such fun the last few days at the beach.  We head out at low tide so the kids can handle the waves.  They've been learning to 'surf' with GranGran and GranDaddy.  We're hoping some uncles will be available over the weekend to take them out since I've already proven that I don't know what I'm doing.  

Here's McIver practicing his balance in the swash.  
Olivia gives it a try.
How sweet is this!?  Olivia (or "YeeYaa" as Amelia calls her!) has LOVED hanging out with Amelia.  She has played 'big sister' all week and has assured me that "Mama, if you and Daddy have another baby, McIver and I will be so helpful."
This little guy was not at all happy that I was playing papparazzi.  He snapped at me every time I got close.  Brave GranGran finally caught him in our bucket and moved him to safer quarters - away from us and the tourists.
Eating watermelon on the beach, juice dripping all down your face, arms and belly then running to rinse off in the ocean.  Really, does it get any better than this!?
GranDaddy joined us for a little while at the beach today.  I'm not sure why, but McIver was not interested in the waves today.  So, Olivia pretty much had GranDaddy all to herself.  She loved it!
Once McIver came out of hiding (he was under his pirate towel for about 30 minutes while everyone else played), he decided to have some fun in the sand.  He let me bury his legs and build drip castles on them.
McIver took a step back to admire his handy-work - helping to cover Olivia with sand.  Amelia was in on the action, too.

No comments: