Monday, July 28, 2008

Greenville visit with the Nixons (stop #1)

Emma and Olivia were so glad to see each other when we arrived on Saturday.  The trip took longer than I remembered it taking, so we were all a bit antsy by the time we got there.  The girls immediately picked up where they left off last summer and ran off to play and make the most of their time together.

McIver made himself at home - let himself in the front door and went straight for the toys.  He and Sam played well together, although they don't remember each other as well as the girls do, of course.  
After a bit of a meltdown (which is a complete and total understatement!), McIver settled down when we got to Maggie Moos for icecream.  Apparently, Twizzler ice cream was just what he needed.  His fit was a result of being tired, but it was totally ridiculous ("I want to ride in Stacy's car.  I don't want to ride in Stacy's car.  I want to go on a field trip, but I don't want to go on a field trip" and the like.)  
This was only my second time meeting Mary Elizabeth.  She's beautiful and looks just like her mom!  Here she is waiting for another bite of ice cream.
It was a short visit, but I think we did our best to make the most of it.  We're certainly looking forward to being just down the road from our Greenville friends.

No comments: